2023 Hyannis Yacht Club Regatta
The 2023 Hyannis Yacht Club Regatta will be held on July 29 - 30!
The regatta is open to all boats in the following classes: Sunfish, Laser ILCA 6 (50 boat cap), Laser ILCA 7 (50 boat cap), J-22, Wianno Senior, PHRF cruising non-spinnaker, PHRF racing spinnaker.
Friday, July 28
0800 - 2000 Parking Lot open to receive boats
1600-1930 Check-in open
Saturday, July 29
0730 Parking lot open to receive boats
0730-0830 Check-in open; Breakfast available on lower patio
0900 Competitor’s meeting for ILCA and Sunfish Classes lower patio Harbor Start PHRF
0930 Harbor Start all other classes
1000 Warning PHRF Distance Race
1100 Warning Sunfish, ILCA and J-22 Classes
1200 Warning Wianno Senior Class Après’ sailing- food and entertainment
Sunday, July 30
0730 Breakfast available on lower patio
0930 Harbor Start all classes
1100 Warning Sunfish, ILCA, J-22 and PHRF Classes
1200 Warning Wianno Senior Class
1430 No Warning to be signaled after this time
Awards Ceremony will be held as soon as possible at the conclusion of racing.
NOTICE OF RACE - Click HERE
REGISTRATION - Click HERE
WAIVER for sailors who have not yet reached their 18th birthday - Click HERE
This year's Regatta Chairperson is Past Commodore Bill Lawson. Our Principal Race Officer is Charlie Cooper.
- Cape Cod Harbor House Inn in Hyannis. 508-771-1880. harborhouseinn.net. $149 + tax weekdays; $179 + tax Friday and Saturday (double occupancy).
- Seacoast Inn in Hyannis. 508-775-3828. www.seacoastcapecod.com. $149 + tax weekdays; $179 + tax Friday and Saturday (double occupancy).
- Hyannis Travel Inn. 508-775-8200. Reserve on their website for best rate www.hyannistravelinn.com. $49 + tax weekdays; $179 + tax weekend.
- Comfort Inn in Hyannis. 508-775-7000. www.choicehotels.com/massachusetts. $189 + tax weekdays; $239 + tax weekend.
- Tidewater Inn in West Yarmouth. 508-775-6322. www.tidewatercapecod.com. $119 + tax weekdays; $139 + tax weekend.
- Shawme-Crowell State Forest Campground in Sandwich. https://www.mass.gov/locations/shawme-crowell-state-forest
- Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast - 319 Sea St., Hyannis. 508-775-2038
- Simmons Homestead Inn - 288 Scudder Ave., Hyannis. 508-778-4999
- Green Mountain Inn - 328 Seas St., Hyannis. 508-778-4278
- Nickerson State Park Campgrounds, Brewster, MA.
- Anchor Inn in Hyannis. 508-775-0357
Things to Do (click on the links below)
Watch glass blowing at Pairpoint Glass in Sandwich Curious how some artisans blow piping hot glass into vases, lamps, and other trinkets? Visit the oldest existing glasswork business, Pairpoint, in Sandwich, which was founded in 1837. Pairpoint encourages interested parties to witness glassblowing free of charge Monday through Friday 9am - 4pm.
Bike the Cape Cod Rail Trail Bring your bike and take to the trails - a great way to see the seashore. The state has spent $6.2 million refurbishing the trails the past two winters. Rail Trail parking is free. Trail Map
Go Fishing Bring a fishing rod and head to any of the Cape's jetties and beaches. The Cape Cod Canal is a favorite spot and provides a dramatic backdrop.
Take a Hike! The Cape Cod National Seashore has a number of self guided tours that offer a variety of spectacular scenery and vegetation.
Hyannis Whale Watch - Barnstable, MA
Whydah Pirate Museum - West Yarmouth, MA
Enjoy the many shops and restaurants on Main Street, Hyannis. Just one mile down the street.
John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum - Main Street, Hyannis.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
or Emily Mezzetti at 508-778-6100, x 350 | firstname.lastname@example.org